Grant E. Fortson
Grant Fortson practices all aspects of civil and business litigation, at both the trial and appellate level, including contract, franchise, fraud, business torts, shareholder disputes, construction, securities, covenants not to compete, trade secrets and class actions.
Grant also regularly represents banks, lending institutions and other clients in workouts, foreclosures, replevins and receivership actions. He handles litigation matters that arise in estate and probate matters, and he practices before various boards and regulatory bodies.
Grant has also represented clients in numerous appeals before the Arkansas Supreme Court and the Arkansas Court of Appeals. He has engaged in a civil litigation and appellate practice in both state and federal courts since his admission to the Arkansas Bar in 1992. He is also admitted to the bars of the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and the United States Tax Court.
Grant has been admitted pro hac vice to practice in a number of state and federal courts across the country, including courts in California, Delaware, Missouri, New York and Illinois.
Grant is a native of Little Rock, Arkansas. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Bowen School of Law, where he graduated with high honors in 1992 and served as the Notes Editor of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Journal. He received a B.B.A. degree from Southern Methodist University in 1987 with a major in Finance.
Grant was the author of Note, Constitutional Law—Taxation—Federal Court May Order School District to Increase Tax Levy Beyond Limits of State Constitution in Order to Amend Constitutional Violation, 13 U. ARK. LITTLE ROCK L. J. 133 (1990) and he is an editor and contributing author to Handling Appeals in Arkansas. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, and the Pulaski County Bar Association. He has been awarded the AV® peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Representative Reported Cases:
• Canada v. Dominion Enterprises, et al., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 71984 (E.D. Ark. May 27, 2014).
• Banning v. LNV Corp., et al., 2014 Ark. App. 207.
• Trail Dr., LLC v. Silver Hill Financial, LLC, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 78953 (E.D. Ark. June 7, 2012).
• Emery Hughes Corp. v. Audrianna Grisham, P.A., 2011 Ark. 230.
• Larry L. Amos, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated v. Bayview Loan Servicing, LLC, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 122438 (E.D. Ark. Aug. 4, 2008).
• McLane Southern, Inc. v. Davis, 366 Ark. 164, 233 S.W.3d 674 (2006).
• Perry v. Baptist Health, 358 Ark. 238, 189 S.W.3d 54 (2006.)
• South Beach Beverage Co. v. Harris Brands, Inc., 355 Ark. 347, 138 S.W.3d 102 (2003).
• River Colony Estates General Partnership, et al. v. Bayview Financial Trading Group, Inc., 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 23555 (S.D. Ca. Aug. 22, 2003).